Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tiffin RV Rally - Brunswick GA


Tiffin RV Rally - Brunswick Ga

My owners took me to a Tiffin RV Rally in Brunswick Ga at the Coastal Georgia RV Park. We departed Monday April 9, 2012 and stayed overnight at Carrollwoods Campground a few miles from Tabor City NC. They had heard about this CG and decided to check it out on the way. It was nice and had full hookups and WiFi but not a destination CG for them. There is a small winery there named Grapefull Sisters owned by the same family.

We arrived at the rally site on Tuesday. There were 73 of my Tiffins kin there by Wednesday. Everyone enjoyed the great food and fellowship. Friday they visited other coaches to look at all the mods the owners had done and on Saturday they let people come by and take a look at me. Saturday Weigh-To-Go came and weighed me to see if I needed to go on a diet but I was in good shape, just a little heavy in the passenger side rear but that is very common. The RV park is really nice with a small lake behind it with lots of pull through sites. All sites are full hookup. My owners thought my site was a little narrow compared to most of the other sites. And the WiFi was a hit and miss service.

They fired me up Sunday morning and took me down to Skidaway Island State Park near Savannah Ga. The dumb GPS didn't tell then to turn down the correct road near the park and they ended up headed into a gated community. Needless to say there was no way to turn around with my Toad hooked up so they had to unhook it and get out of there because I was blocking the exit to the community. We got to our site in the park and setup. It is a beautiful park, full of large trees with moss hanging everywhere. The sites are large and most for MHs where drive throughs. 50 AMP service, water and cable TV. On Monday they let me rest while they took the toad and drove into Savannah to eat at Paula Deans restaurant The Lady and Sons.Tuesday was a day of rest for all. This is a recommended CG.

Wednesday we departed for the Freightliner Factory Service Center in Gaffney SC. My chassis was built just down the road. While I was getting my 2 year annual service and checkup my owners attended the Camp Freightliner 2 day school. I got refreshed with new fluids and filters and an end to end checkup and they got educated on how I function.I think they must like me, since they are taking such good care of me.

Saturday we departed for Dhreher Island State Park about 25 miles from Columbia SC. This CG is surrounded by beautiful Lake Murray.The CG was setup mostly for tents and travel trailers since the sites are not level and somewhat tight to get a MH into. They don't recommend this CG for MHs especially sites 1-30.Sites 74 and 94 would be okay for a MH but most others would call for some creative leveling techniques. Monday they drove to the Camping World store in Columbia to get me a new Rand McNally 7710 GPS. Maybe now I won't get directed into a situation where I can't turn around without unhooking the toad. On Wednesday 4/25/2012 we headed for home and arrived safe and sound at 2:15PM. We were gone 16 nights and drove 1177 miles without any problems.

No comments: